Показано с 1 по 15 из 15

Тема: Чудесный разговор о Ниббане

Участник Аватар для Жека
    Традиция
    Тхеравада

Чудесный разговор о Ниббане

Друзья, очень рекомендую.
    Дост. Пемасири Тхера (главный монах медит центра на Шри Ланке) дает подобное объяснение Ниббаны.
    Важно, как объясняется разница между Сати и Манасикарой (нельзя путать!)

2. Спасибо от:

Bob (11.08.2013), Eugeny (11.08.2013), Ittosai (11.08.2013), Thaitali (12.08.2013), Алексей Каверин (11.08.2013), Ануруддха (11.08.2013), Михаил_ (01.04.2018), Топпер- (11.08.2013), Юань Дин (11.08.2013), Яреб (11.08.2013)

Участник Аватар для Жека
    Традиция
    Тхеравада
    Расшифровка (увы, только англ)

SATTI AND NIBBANA
    9 июля 2012 г. в 6:34
    TRANSCRIPT OF VEN. PEMASIRI THERA'S "SATI AND NIBBANA", DVD produced in 2004 by the film maker JOHN PRESTON

John Preston: What is nibbana? What is enlightenment?

Pemasiri Thera: In order to answer this question, is it okay to refer to the time before the Buddha?

John: Yes.

Pemasiri Thera: Nibbana means the subsiding or the going out, like a flame – nibbana means the going out – the blowing out – of our defilements. “Vvanna” means dam. So with tanha, we are dammed up. Nibbana means the dam has been opened up, busted out, and water is allowed to flow. So, it is not sealed; it is open.

Nibbana of the Buddha’s teaching is different from the teaching, the goal of other religions. Even 6000 years before the Buddha’s enlightenment, the word nibbana was known in the world. Various people accepted it and understood the concept of nibbana in various ways – some kind of another plane of existence, or another world. Some thought of it as place where the gods and other beings were in an eternal state. For example the Brahma Loka. Something eternally there. Various people defined nibbana in various ways. This is nibbana or that is nibbana.The Buddha taught a totally different thing from these other various ideas about nibbana.

Now, we will examine the nibbana taught by the Buddha. In the Upanishads, there is a lot said about nibbana. It is quite close to the teachings given by the Buddha, because much of what you find in the Upanishads was taught by the Pacceka-Buddhas. There is no complete description of nibbana by these teachers because they were not able to describe things as well as a fully enlightened Buddha.
    What the Buddha is talking about is not a kind of world. It is something that can be reached through this present life. Nibbana.

It is not necessary to talk about nibbana as something we hope to attain in a future life. In us, there are wholesome, kusala, as well as unwholesome, akusala, phenomena. We need to know and recognize that which is wholesome as well as recognize that which is unwholesome in us. First, it’s important to recognize the unwholesomeness. And then, once the unwholesomeness is recognized, only after the these qualities in us are recognized, the removing of the unwholesomeness occurs subsequently. Even the wholesomeness has to be first recognized, then only after one has recognized it properly, then that is also removed.
    There is a fruit, akusala-vipaka, an effect of the unwholesomeness, of which the main thing is the becoming, the re-becoming to the woeful states. The kusala-vipaka, the effects of the wholesomeness, being born in the happy, sugati, states. Therefore, both the unwholesome and the wholesome result in in rebecoming, the punnabhava. Rebecoming or rebirth is not something that is happening in the future life; it’s something that is being created now. Whether it is wholesome or unwholesome, we create it now. If at some point, the unwholesomeness is not in the mental stream anymore, then rebecoming in the woeful states has been brought to an end. However, the other part, the wholesome part, will continue, re-becoming based on the wholesome still remains. So we have to also overcome the re-becoming that is based on the wholesome. So if at any time in our minds, the ability to overcome both these rebirths – re-becoming based on wholesome as well as re-becoming based on the unwholesome – if that state arises in our minds, at that moment, we will have a glimpse of nibbana. So therefore, you can see that it is different from the teachings of other religions.

Religions arise in this world because of fear, then philosophies arise in this world because of doubt. Free from fear and free from doubt, the level of the mind that does not go to, the level of the mind that is not allowed to fall to a lower level or fall to a lower mental state, if we can maintain that mental state, and not based in any doubt or fear, that is the state of mind that can see or search for nibbana. So one recognizes the wholesome and the unwholesome, the hindrances, nivarana, and recognizes the spiritual faculties, the indriya-dhammas. If at any point, the energy that is connected to the five hindrances has been destroyed and if the energy of the five spiritual faculties has also been made use of, has already been used up, at that point, our minds incline towards nibbana. So therefore, nibbana does not belong to either the category of religion or to philosophy – it is called dhamma.

John: Nature?

Pemasiri Thera: Yes. The point where one enters “nature.” So as a way to go to, to enter it, we have the Noble Eightfold Path. The eightfold path condensed is the five spiritual faculties: confidence, energy, sati, samadhi, panna.Or in an even more condensed way, a shorter way, the three trainings - sila, samadhi, panna.

With sila, our distractedness is reduced and our one-pointedness, our concentration increases/arises. The concentrated or tranquil mind can see the true nature of the world. So, in this life, it is possible to see nibbana and also get to nibbana. Nibbana is not something, that we have made up or created in our minds. Through our practical training, through kusala and akusala both being removed gradually from the mind, opens our minds to nibbana.

At the beginning, we have to make use of the wholesome –it is like using one poison to overcome another poison. So like that, in the beginning, we have to make use of the spiritual faculties such as faith and confidence. In the Ratana Sutta, the Buddha says there is a lamp which is lit and then the flame goes out – there is nowhere that the flame goes/has gone to. Did it enter the atmosphere, or did it go with the wind? Because the oil in the lamp is exhausted, or the wick burnt out – therefore, the flame went out. So, if the oil is the akusala, the wick is the kusala, and the flame is the punnabhava - the re-becoming. At some point, sometimes the flame can go out because of the wind – this was the case for the ascetic Bahiya who was told by the Buddha, “In the seeing, there is only the seeing…” He had a very keen and subtle wisdom – that was Bahiya. If such a level of wisdom arises, it will happen very fast. So, that is a description of nibbana, in a short and easy way.

To look for nibbana, we have to develop our sati very well. Lots of teachers including myself at the beginning, teach or have taught sati as just paying attention to what one is doing. For example, if you pick something up with your hand and you move hand over here or there - that’s what is taught as sati. Washing the body, brushing the teeth, putting on your clothes, combing the hair, those activities, awareness of all those types of activities…. Manasikara – there is attention there. So actually, what we were taught as sati is actually just the attention, the manasikara. At the time I was meditating, I was told by others that I was lacking in sati. I went for a bath and I forgot my soap. Someone would scold me: “You have no sati!” So next day, I would say to myself: “I will note everything, even the blinking of my eyes. I will not even blink without being aware of the blinking of my eyes.” So I tried so hard that I would be aware of one of the hairs on my arm when it moved in the wind. Every sensation of the body - I tried to be aware of it. The blinking of the eyes etc. Still, the teacher told me that sometimes I have no sati.

So now, when I’m talking about this, talking about how I trained in the past, it arises in me again – now, for a short time, every slight movement of the body – I can be aware of it. At some point, the meditator has to train to this level, but that is not sati. So, it took me a long time to understand what is sati, to learn sati.

John: So, is sati the awareness of everything?

Pemasiri Thera: No. It is not. Though this is taught as sati, that is something else. Just attention -manasikara. I trained in the Mahasi Sayadaw method for 12 years. And even the method taught by Webu Sayadaw and now taught by Goenka, I trained in that method for about 6 years. Still, what is this thing called sati, it was not clear to me. So, even though many teachers taught me that this attention, this method was sati, doing everything with attention, I could not accept that simply paying attention was sati. So now because of my training, I am aware of all movements of my body – but that is not sati.

Manasikara is taught because the asaya-dhammas, the habits which have been learned in this life. So, this attention, this paying attention to all your actions and all your thoughts is taught to get rid of the asaya-dhammas, those habits learned in this life. This is not sati. This is manasikara.

John: If yoniso-manasikara is not sati, then what is the sati?

Pemasiri Thera: I will now talk about sati. Manasikara is when I pick something up, this eraser from the floor and move it over here, place it on the floor – doing that whole process knowingly is the manasikara. During this process, not having craving or aversion, in this case. The action I am doing, and having no expectation whatsoever, from this act. Abhijja/Domanassa. The four foundations of mindfulness, the satipatthana. That factor that recognizes abhijja and domanassa during this act with awareness. There is another factor that is aware if there is any coveting/craving or aversion or expectations, that which is aware of that aspect of it. In all four satipatthanas, it says – that the yogi is free from abhijja/domanass - that which knows it is the sati.

Talking, giving a dhamma talk, is not with sati, but rather with attention, manasikara. Here there is also that something good should arise from the talk. A kind of abhijja - also that things often don’t goes as it should in a talk like this. So, annoyance can arise – that’s domanassa being present. If I can teach without those things coming into it, then that would be sati. No abhijja or domanassa. It is with sati that the tendency to re-becoming, the punnabhava, is like shattered by sati. So that would be the cause, the condition for seeing nibbana.

It is manasikara that helps sati to arise and it is attention that helps sati to continue… sati and sati and sati…. One moment of sati after another moment of sati. And it is manasikara that helps the sati to continue. Attention is that which turns the focus of the mind from one object to the next object. The manasikara. Say the object of the mind’s focus is a sound, and the next object of the mind is a visible object. It is manasikara that which changes the focus of the mind from the sound to the visible object, changes the mind from this to that.

If we are picking up the object with attention, turning the focus of the mind towards this eraser that I am picking up, but picking up the eraser without abhijja or domanassa – that is sati. Then again, the step of moving the eraser, moving there, that is attention, moving it from the first aspect of picking it up and then moving it over here. But keeping the mind free of abhijja/domanassa during that period, the subsequent part of the action is done by sati.

So when you train in this for a few days, then all comes together. Then attention and sati come together and it’s called yoniso-manasikara. Then sati and manasikara are working in harmony. So, then it is together with sati and manasikara that all these things are done – like that – over a period of time, while one is doing it, one begins to see certain phenomena connected to the object. Then this aspect called manasikara is removed from the mind and instead the factor of wisdom, panna, arises. Then we call it sati-sampajanna. It becomes sampajanna – then sati and panna become something automatic in us. So sati and wisdom are there, the only two factors. Out of the fifty two mental factors, sati and wisdom are the only two factors which are never contaminated by ignorance, avijja. All the other factors, even the kusala factors, can be influenced by avijja. These two cetasika – the sati and panna – are leading to nibbana. When there is sati and panna/wisdom, upadana does not arise. So the mind is protected. These are the two mental factors, the satti and the wisdom that really understands the kusala and the akusala – the mind inclines to nibbana.

transcribed - by David Young

4. Спасибо от:

Bob (11.08.2013), Eugeny (11.08.2013), Ittosai (11.08.2013), Алексей Каверин (11.08.2013), Топпер- (11.08.2013), Юань Дин (11.08.2013)

Участник Аватар для Eugeny
    Традиция
    Тхеравада
    Записей в блоге
    Цитата Сообщение от Жека Посмотреть сообщение
    Расшифровка (увы, только англ)

SATTI AND NIBBANA
    9 июля 2012 г. в 6:34
    TRANSCRIPT OF VEN. PEMASIRI THERA'S "SATI AND NIBBANA", DVD produced in 2004 by the film maker JOHN PRESTON

John Preston: What is nibbana? What is enlightenment?

Pemasiri Thera: In order to answer this question, is it okay to refer to the time before the Buddha?

John: Yes.

Pemasiri Thera: Nibbana means the subsiding or the going out, like a flame – nibbana means the going out – the blowing out – of our defilements. “Vvanna” means dam. So with tanha, we are dammed up. Nibbana means the dam has been opened up, busted out, and water is allowed to flow. So, it is not sealed; it is open.

Nibbana of the Buddha’s teaching is different from the teaching, the goal of other religions. Even 6000 years before the Buddha’s enlightenment, the word nibbana was known in the world. Various people accepted it and understood the concept of nibbana in various ways – some kind of another plane of existence, or another world. Some thought of it as place where the gods and other beings were in an eternal state. For example the Brahma Loka. Something eternally there. Various people defined nibbana in various ways. This is nibbana or that is nibbana.The Buddha taught a totally different thing from these other various ideas about nibbana.

Now, we will examine the nibbana taught by the Buddha. In the Upanishads, there is a lot said about nibbana. It is quite close to the teachings given by the Buddha, because much of what you find in the Upanishads was taught by the Pacceka-Buddhas. There is no complete description of nibbana by these teachers because they were not able to describe things as well as a fully enlightened Buddha.
    What the Buddha is talking about is not a kind of world. It is something that can be reached through this present life. Nibbana.

It is not necessary to talk about nibbana as something we hope to attain in a future life. In us, there are wholesome, kusala, as well as unwholesome, akusala, phenomena. We need to know and recognize that which is wholesome as well as recognize that which is unwholesome in us. First, it’s important to recognize the unwholesomeness. And then, once the unwholesomeness is recognized, only after the these qualities in us are recognized, the removing of the unwholesomeness occurs subsequently. Even the wholesomeness has to be first recognized, then only after one has recognized it properly, then that is also removed.
    There is a fruit, akusala-vipaka, an effect of the unwholesomeness, of which the main thing is the becoming, the re-becoming to the woeful states. The kusala-vipaka, the effects of the wholesomeness, being born in the happy, sugati, states. Therefore, both the unwholesome and the wholesome result in in rebecoming, the punnabhava. Rebecoming or rebirth is not something that is happening in the future life; it’s something that is being created now. Whether it is wholesome or unwholesome, we create it now. If at some point, the unwholesomeness is not in the mental stream anymore, then rebecoming in the woeful states has been brought to an end. However, the other part, the wholesome part, will continue, re-becoming based on the wholesome still remains. So we have to also overcome the re-becoming that is based on the wholesome. So if at any time in our minds, the ability to overcome both these rebirths – re-becoming based on wholesome as well as re-becoming based on the unwholesome – if that state arises in our minds, at that moment, we will have a glimpse of nibbana. So therefore, you can see that it is different from the teachings of other religions.

Religions arise in this world because of fear, then philosophies arise in this world because of doubt. Free from fear and free from doubt, the level of the mind that does not go to, the level of the mind that is not allowed to fall to a lower level or fall to a lower mental state, if we can maintain that mental state, and not based in any doubt or fear, that is the state of mind that can see or search for nibbana. So one recognizes the wholesome and the unwholesome, the hindrances, nivarana, and recognizes the spiritual faculties, the indriya-dhammas. If at any point, the energy that is connected to the five hindrances has been destroyed and if the energy of the five spiritual faculties has also been made use of, has already been used up, at that point, our minds incline towards nibbana. So therefore, nibbana does not belong to either the category of religion or to philosophy – it is called dhamma.

John: Nature?

Pemasiri Thera: Yes. The point where one enters “nature.” So as a way to go to, to enter it, we have the Noble Eightfold Path. The eightfold path condensed is the five spiritual faculties: confidence, energy, sati, samadhi, panna.Or in an even more condensed way, a shorter way, the three trainings - sila, samadhi, panna.

With sila, our distractedness is reduced and our one-pointedness, our concentration increases/arises. The concentrated or tranquil mind can see the true nature of the world. So, in this life, it is possible to see nibbana and also get to nibbana. Nibbana is not something, that we have made up or created in our minds. Through our practical training, through kusala and akusala both being removed gradually from the mind, opens our minds to nibbana.

At the beginning, we have to make use of the wholesome –it is like using one poison to overcome another poison. So like that, in the beginning, we have to make use of the spiritual faculties such as faith and confidence. In the Ratana Sutta, the Buddha says there is a lamp which is lit and then the flame goes out – there is nowhere that the flame goes/has gone to. Did it enter the atmosphere, or did it go with the wind? Because the oil in the lamp is exhausted, or the wick burnt out – therefore, the flame went out. So, if the oil is the akusala, the wick is the kusala, and the flame is the punnabhava - the re-becoming. At some point, sometimes the flame can go out because of the wind – this was the case for the ascetic Bahiya who was told by the Buddha, “In the seeing, there is only the seeing…” He had a very keen and subtle wisdom – that was Bahiya. If such a level of wisdom arises, it will happen very fast. So, that is a description of nibbana, in a short and easy way.

To look for nibbana, we have to develop our sati very well. Lots of teachers including myself at the beginning, teach or have taught sati as just paying attention to what one is doing. For example, if you pick something up with your hand and you move hand over here or there - that’s what is taught as sati. Washing the body, brushing the teeth, putting on your clothes, combing the hair, those activities, awareness of all those types of activities…. Manasikara – there is attention there. So actually, what we were taught as sati is actually just the attention, the manasikara. At the time I was meditating, I was told by others that I was lacking in sati. I went for a bath and I forgot my soap. Someone would scold me: “You have no sati!” So next day, I would say to myself: “I will note everything, even the blinking of my eyes. I will not even blink without being aware of the blinking of my eyes.” So I tried so hard that I would be aware of one of the hairs on my arm when it moved in the wind. Every sensation of the body - I tried to be aware of it. The blinking of the eyes etc. Still, the teacher told me that sometimes I have no sati.

So now, when I’m talking about this, talking about how I trained in the past, it arises in me again – now, for a short time, every slight movement of the body – I can be aware of it. At some point, the meditator has to train to this level, but that is not sati. So, it took me a long time to understand what is sati, to learn sati.

John: So, is sati the awareness of everything?

Pemasiri Thera: No. It is not. Though this is taught as sati, that is something else. Just attention -manasikara. I trained in the Mahasi Sayadaw method for 12 years. And even the method taught by Webu Sayadaw and now taught by Goenka, I trained in that method for about 6 years. Still, what is this thing called sati, it was not clear to me. So, even though many teachers taught me that this attention, this method was sati, doing everything with attention, I could not accept that simply paying attention was sati. So now because of my training, I am aware of all movements of my body – but that is not sati.

Manasikara is taught because the asaya-dhammas, the habits which have been learned in this life. So, this attention, this paying attention to all your actions and all your thoughts is taught to get rid of the asaya-dhammas, those habits learned in this life. This is not sati. This is manasikara.

John: If yoniso-manasikara is not sati, then what is the sati?

Pemasiri Thera: I will now talk about sati. Manasikara is when I pick something up, this eraser from the floor and move it over here, place it on the floor – doing that whole process knowingly is the manasikara. During this process, not having craving or aversion, in this case. The action I am doing, and having no expectation whatsoever, from this act. Abhijja/Domanassa. The four foundations of mindfulness, the satipatthana. That factor that recognizes abhijja and domanassa during this act with awareness. There is another factor that is aware if there is any coveting/craving or aversion or expectations, that which is aware of that aspect of it. In all four satipatthanas, it says – that the yogi is free from abhijja/domanass - that which knows it is the sati.

Talking, giving a dhamma talk, is not with sati, but rather with attention, manasikara. Here there is also that something good should arise from the talk. A kind of abhijja - also that things often don’t goes as it should in a talk like this. So, annoyance can arise – that’s domanassa being present. If I can teach without those things coming into it, then that would be sati. No abhijja or domanassa. It is with sati that the tendency to re-becoming, the punnabhava, is like shattered by sati. So that would be the cause, the condition for seeing nibbana.

It is manasikara that helps sati to arise and it is attention that helps sati to continue… sati and sati and sati…. One moment of sati after another moment of sati. And it is manasikara that helps the sati to continue. Attention is that which turns the focus of the mind from one object to the next object. The manasikara. Say the object of the mind’s focus is a sound, and the next object of the mind is a visible object. It is manasikara that which changes the focus of the mind from the sound to the visible object, changes the mind from this to that.

If we are picking up the object with attention, turning the focus of the mind towards this eraser that I am picking up, but picking up the eraser without abhijja or domanassa – that is sati. Then again, the step of moving the eraser, moving there, that is attention, moving it from the first aspect of picking it up and then moving it over here. But keeping the mind free of abhijja/domanassa during that period, the subsequent part of the action is done by sati.

So when you train in this for a few days, then all comes together. Then attention and sati come together and it’s called yoniso-manasikara. Then sati and manasikara are working in harmony. So, then it is together with sati and manasikara that all these things are done – like that – over a period of time, while one is doing it, one begins to see certain phenomena connected to the object. Then this aspect called manasikara is removed from the mind and instead the factor of wisdom, panna, arises. Then we call it sati-sampajanna. It becomes sampajanna – then sati and panna become something automatic in us. So sati and wisdom are there, the only two factors. Out of the fifty two mental factors, sati and wisdom are the only two factors which are never contaminated by ignorance, avijja. All the other factors, even the kusala factors, can be influenced by avijja. These two cetasika – the sati and panna – are leading to nibbana. When there is sati and panna/wisdom, upadana does not arise. So the mind is protected. These are the two mental factors, the satti and the wisdom that really understands the kusala and the akusala – the mind inclines to nibbana.

transcribed - by David Young
    Благодарю, пожалуй переводу и выложу в группе вконтакте).

6. Спасибо от:

Bob (11.08.2013), Алексей Каверин (11.08.2013), Жека (11.08.2013), Мира Смирнова (11.08.2013), Ритл (12.08.2013), Топпер- (11.08.2013)

Участник
    Традиция
    нет
    Записей в блоге
    Про мудрость хорошо сказал.
    Садху !

Единственное с чем не согласен, это с нигилистической интерпритацией того что перерождение это только ментальное движение из-момента-в-момент, ибо питиччасамуппада трансцендентный механизм, и было бы неверным сказать что есть цикл деня, но нет цикла года (есть перерождение сдесь-и-сйчас, но нету перерождения пост-мортем).
    Также такая интерпритация не даёт Вошедшему-в-поток, Однажды-возвращающемуся, Не-возвращающимуся и Архату место быть, не говоря уже про Канон.

Участник Аватар для Жека
    Традиция
    Тхеравада
    Алексей, Бханте Пемасири не говорил ничего подобного.
    Полностью объяснение Патичья Самуппада от него вы можете прочесть здесь (книга называется "Мудрость мангового дерева")

http://blag.biz/Mango_tree_wisdom

9. Спасибо от:

Алексей Каверин (11.08.2013), Топпер- (11.08.2013)

Участник
    Традиция
    нет
    Записей в блоге
    Алексей, Бханте Пемасири не говорил ничего подобного.
    Полностью объяснение Патичья Самуппада от него вы можете прочесть здесь (книга называется "Мудрость мангового дерева")

http://blag.biz/Mango_tree_wisdom
    "Rebecoming or rebirth is not something that is happening in the future life; it’s something that is being created now. Whether it is wholesome or unwholesome, we create it now."

Я по отношению к этому. Может быть не правильно интерпритировал, но мне показалось что его позиция довольно нигилистична с тз Канона. Поправте если ошибаюсь.

МН 117
    And what is wrong view? 'There is nothing given, nothing offered, nothing sacrificed. There is no fruit or result of good or bad actions. There is no this world, no next world, no mother, no father, no spontaneously reborn beings; no contemplatives or brahmans who, faring rightly & practicing rightly, proclaim this world & the next after having directly known & realized it for themselves.' This is wrong view.

Не могу обещать что прочитаю, но полистаю обязательно. Спасибо!

PS нашёл, спасибо за поправку ! :

Could I say craving for sensuality is the weakest of the twelve factors in the cycle?

No. None of the twelve factors are weak. You cannot consider craving, tanhà, to be weak. “Tanhà creates beings,” said the Buddha. Tanhà creates man and tanhà creates woman. It creates us as human beings. So, tanhà is not weak. On the contrary, since tanhà is extremely powerful, leading into repeated births, it needs to be thoroughly understood and handled carefully. For example, when craving leads you into performing many beneficial actions, you might have a future in a relatively happy course of birth, a sugati birth. You live as a being in one of the better and higher worlds maybe as a deva, a brahmà, or again as a human. On the other hand, when craving leads you into performing many harmful actions, you would likely take a lower birth, perhaps as a snake or a dog? Someone who is fascinated with trees could take a birth, not as a tree but perhaps as a worm on the tree!

Yes, we can joke and laugh about it. Seriously though, what if I die while thinking about a woman’s body?

I’m not joking. You could be something, maybe a bug, that lives on a woman’s body. You wouldn’t necessarily take birth on the same woman you were craving, but on some woman. Maybe you’d take birth as a cat that follows a lady around. No joke! We simply can’t say for sure what our next birth will be.
    http://blag.biz/dependent_origination

Участник Аватар для Жека
    Традиция
    Тхеравада
    Нет, нет, это абсолютно не про это.
    Бханте говорит, что становление (бхава) - это то, что постоянно создается уже в потоке ума в этой жизни. Если ум склоняется к добру, то следующая жизнь будет связана с небесами, если к злу - с адами, но Ниббана - вне добра и зла. Чтобы достичь Ниббаны, мы используем практику благого, направляем себя к щедрости, доброте и соблюдению обетов. Но это лишь фундамент, а не самоцель.
    Вот что он говорит в указанной выше книге

In fact, if you believe that there is a clear-cut causal relationship between your actions and the results of your actions, kamma-vipāka, then you ́re on the right track to understanding causes and effects, hetu-phala. We are trying to go beyond a crude type of thinking, believing in one gross action leads to one gross result, and try out a more mature type of thinking, which means examining the role played by supportive conditions. The teaching on dependent origination is about causes, supportive conditions, and effects. It ́s not crude and simplistic. Supportive conditions must be taken into account. Dependent origination is a complicated process with various supportive conditions impacting on our actions—the causes—in every which way imaginable. Read the Conch Blower Sutta;16 the Buddha looks at the wrong views in the teachings on kamma-vipāka.
    Continuing, dependent upon various causes and conditions, effects come into being. For example, supportive conditions must exist for a mango seed to evolve into a tree that bears mangoes. The soil, water, and nutrients are neither causes nor effects; they are conditions. Dependent upon these supportive conditions, the seed develops and eventually becomes a tree that bears fruit. The seed is the original cause; the soil, water, and nutrients are supportive conditions; and the mango fruit is the effect. The mango fruit exists in dependence upon all these conditions coming together in the right way. And as you might well notice, soil, water, and nutrients are also effects in their own right, effects that came into being through the means of other causes and other conditions.

12. Спасибо от:

Ittosai (11.08.2013), Алексей Каверин (11.08.2013), Мира Смирнова (11.08.2013), Топпер- (11.08.2013)

Традиция
    Тхеравада
    Записей в блоге
    Сати и Ниббана
    Пояснение почтенным Пемасири Тхера терминов “Сати и Ниббана”
    Джон Пристон: Что такое Ниббана? Что такое просветление?
    Пемасири Тхера: Ничего, что я вернусь к временам до Будды, для того, что бы ответить на этот вопрос?
    Джон: Хорошо.
    Пемасири Тхера: Ниббана означает угасание или выход, в плане пламени – Ниббана означает выход – выдувание – наших загрязнений. “Ввана” означает плотина. Итак, с Танхой (Жаждой) мы запружены водой. Ниббана означает открытие плотины, вылет, и вода может течь. Таким образом, она не запечатывает, она открывает.
    Ниббана Будды отличается от учения и целей других религий. Даже за 6000 лет до просветления Будды, слово Ниббана было известно в мире. Разные люди принимали и понимали концепцию Ниббаны по разному – какой то другой тип существования, или другой мир. Некоторые думали о ней как о месте, где боги и другие существа вечно пребывают. Например, Брахма лока (мир Брахмы). Что- то вечное. Разные люди давали Ниббане разные определения. Ниббана это или то. Будда учил воззрениям совершенно отличным от этих других воззрений о Ниббане.
    Сейчас мы рассматриваем Ниббану так, как ей учил Будда. В упанишадах о Ниббане сказано очень много. Это довольно близко к учению, данному Буддой. Потому что большинство того, что вы найдёте в упанишадах было сказано Пачьекка-Буддами. Там нет полного описания Ниббаны этими учителями, потому что у них не было возможности описать её так полно, как описал её полностью просветлённый Будда. То о чём говорил Будда, это не какой то мир. Это то , что можно достичь в настоящей жизни. Ниббана.
    Не стоит говорить о Ниббане, как о чём то чего мы надеемся достичь в будущей жизни. В нас есть полезные феномены Кусала(умелое) и Акусала(неумелое). Мы должны определить, что полезно и что вредно для нас. Сначала мы должны определить вредное. Затем после того, как определено вредное, после того как эти качества распознаны в нас. Впоследствии происходит удаление вредного. Даже полезное должно быть определено сначала, после того как полезное тоже распознано, затем это так же удаляется. Существует фрукт “Акусала-Випака” с эффектом вредного, в котором происходит становление горестей. Кусала-Випака имеет эффект полезного и рождается в радости и счастье, в Сугатте. Таким образом и полезное и вредное результат становления. Становление или перерождение, это не то, что происходит в будущей жизни. Это то, что создаётся сейчас. Будь то полезное или вредное, мы создаём это сейчас. Если в какой-то момент вредное более не в ментальном потоке. Становление в горести завершается. Однако с другой стороны полезное будет продолжаться, становление в основе полезного всё ещё остаётся. Итак мы также должны преодолеть трудность становления, которое основано на полезном. Так что, если в любой момент в нашем сознании появляется способность преодолеть оба этих типа перерождения. Становление на основе полезного и на основе вредного, если это состояние возникает в нашем сознании, в этот момент у нас происходит проблеск ниббаны. Поэтому ты можешь увидеть, что это отличается от учений других религий.
    Религии возникают в мире из-за страха, затем философия возникает в мире из-за сомнения. Свобода от страха и свобода от сомнений – это уровень ума без движения, уровень ума который не допускает падение уровнем ниже или падение в более низкое ментальное состояние, если мы сможем утвердить это ментальное состояние, не основанное на каком либо сомнении или страхе, это то состояние ума, которое видит или ищет Ниббану. Таким образом распознаётся полезное и вредное, препятствия, Ниварана, и распознаются духовные способности, индрийа-дхаммы. Если в какой-либо момент энергия, которая подключена к пяти помехам будет разрушена, и если энергия из пяти духовных способностей будет использована в этой точке, наш ум склонится к Ниббане. Из-за того,что Ниббана не принадлежит ни к какой религии или философии – она называется Дхаммой.
    Джон: Природа?
    Пемасири Тхера: Да. Точка в которой человек входит в “Природу”. Так что путь, который позволяет войти в неё, называется Благородным Восьмеричным Путём. Восьмеричный путь производит пять духовных способностей: Уверенность, Энергия, Внимательность(Сати),Спокойствие и сосредоточение(Саматха),Мудрость(Панья). Или в ещё более сжатом виде три развития:-Сила(Нравственность),Самадхи(Сосредоточение),Панья(Мудрость).
    С Силой(Нравственностью) наши помехи снижаются, а наша однонаправленность и концентрация увеличивается/возникает. Концентрация или спокойный ум может увидеть истинную природу ума. Итак в этой жизни возможно увидеть Ниббану и достичь её. Ниббана это не что-то, что мы сделали или создали в нашем уме. Через нашу практику, через Кусалу и Акусалу оба удаляется из нашего ума, открывая наш разум к Ниббане.
    Сначала мы должны воспользоваться полезным- это как использовать один яд, что бы преодолеть другой яд. Итак в самом начале мы должны использовать наши духовные силы, такие как уверенность и вера. В Ратана сутре Будда говорит, что есть лампа, которая горит, а затем пламя гаснет-нет нигде погаснувшего пламя, которое куда-либо ушло. Ушло ли оно в атмосферу, либо с ветром? Масло в лампе исчерпалось, фитиль сгорел, пламя исчезло. Итак, если масло Акусала, фитиль Кусала, пламя Пуньябхава – становление. В какой то момент пламя может исчезнуть из-за ветра. Такое было с аскетом Бахией, про которого сказал Будда: “В видении, есть только видение”. У него было очень острая, тонкая мудрость, это был аскет Бахия.Если такой уровень мудрости возникает, это произойдёт очень быстро.
    Итак это описание Ниббаны коротким простым способом. Чтобы увидеть Ниббану, мы должны хорошо развивать нашу внимательность(Сати). Многие учителя, включая меня сначала учили или обучали Сати, просто обращая внимание на то, что они делают. Например, если вы поднимете руку, пошевелите рукой там-то и там- это то, что называется Сати. Мыть тело,чистить зубы, положить одежду, уложить волосы, это активность, осознание всех этих типов активности. Манасикара – это внимание здесь. Поэтому, то чему мы учим как Сати, на самом деле является просто вниманием, Манасикара. Однажды, когда я медитировал, другие сказали мне, что мне не хватает Сати. Я пошёл в баню и забыл своё мыло. Кто-то поругал меня: “У тебя нет Сати!”. Поэтому на следующий день я сказал себе, что буду отмечать всё, даже моргание глаз. Я даже не буду моргать, не осознавая моргание глаз. Итак я так старался, что осознавал даже дрожание на ветру одного из волосков на моей руке. Кажде ощущение тела, я старался осознавать это. Моргание глаз и.т.д. Учитель всё ещё продолжал говорить мне, что у меня нет Сати.
    Итак теперь, когда я говорю об этом, о том, как я обучался в прошлом, оно возникает во мне снова, теперь в течение короткого времени, каждого небольшое движение тела – я могу осознавать это.
    Джон: Итак, Сати – это осознавание всего?
    Пемасири Тхера: Нет, это не так. Хотя это преподносится как Сати, это нечто другое. Просто внимание Манасикара. Я обучался этому методу у Махаси Саядо, в течение 12 лет. Этот метод преподаётся так же Вебу Саядо и теперь ему обучает Гоенка. Я обучался этой практике в течение 6 лет. Тем не менее, что это за вещь, называемая Сати, мне всё ещё не ясно. Так что, несмотря на то, что многие учителя научили меня этому вниманию, этот метод Сати, делать всё внимательно. Я не могу принять, что просто обращать внимание это Сати. Теперь из – за моего обучения. Я осознаю все движения моего тела – но это не Сати.
    Манасикара преподаётся как Ашайя-Дхаммы,привычки приобретаются в этой жизни. Таким образом Внимание, уделение внимания всем твоим действиям и всем твоим мыслям, учит избавляться от Ашайа Дхамм, привычек приобретённых в этой жизни. Это не Сати. Это Манасикара
    Джон: Если йонисо Манасикара это не Сати, тогда что такое Сати?
    Пемасири Тхера: Теперь я поговорю о Сати. Манасикара, это то, что я когда-то приобрёл, этот ластик на полу и перемещаю его сюда. Помещаю его на пол – совершение этого процесса называется Манасикара. В течение этого процесса не появляется влечения или отвращения, по это причине. Действие которое я совершаю, не имея никаких ожиданий вообще из этого действия. Абхиджа/Доманасса. Четыре основы осознанности, Сатипаттхана. Этот фактор который осознаёт Абхиджу и Доманассу в течение действия с осознанностью. Существует ещё один фактор, который знает, есть ли жадность/влечение или отвращение или ожидание, того что осознаётся или аспекта этого. В четырёх Сатипаттханах сказано , что йог свободен от Абхиджы/Доманасы-это то, что известно как Сати.
    Общаясь, производя Дхаммовую беседу, не с Сати, а скорее с вниманием, манасикара. Здесь присутствует что то хорошее, что должно возникнуть из беседы. Вид Абхиджа- так же явления, которые часто не происходят, как должны в разговоре подобном этому. Раздражание может возникнуть, когда присутствует Доманасса. Если я смогу учить без этих вещей, входящих в неё, это будет Сати. Не абхиджа или Доманасса. С Сати существует тенденция к становлению, Пуньябхава подобна разрушению Сати. Итак это будет причиной видения Ниббаны.
    Манасикара помогает Сати возникнуть, и внимание помогает Сати продолжаться…. Сати и Сати и Сати… Момент Сати, за другим моментом Сати. И Манасикара помогает Сати продолжаться. Внимание – это то, что помогает фокусироваться уму с одного объекта, на другой объект. Манасикара. Во время речи объектом ума становится звук, следующим объектом ума становится видимый объект. Это Манасикара которая меняет фокус ума со звука на видимый объект, меняет ум с одного на другое.
    Если мы выбираем объект вниманием, перемещая фокус ума к этому ластику который я поднимаю, но поднятие ластика без Абхиджы и Доманасы – это Сати. Затем снова, этап перемещения ластика, перемещение сюда, это внимание, перемещение его с первого объекта, и затем перемещение сюда. Но удерживание ума свободным от Абхиджы/Доманассы в течение этого периода, и последующих этапов действия осуществляется Сати.
    Поэтому, когда будете тренировать это в течение нескольких дней, затем всё прийдёт вместе. Затем когда Внимание и Сати объединяются это называется йонисо Манасикара. Затем Сати и Манасикара работают в гармонии. Итак затем вместек с Сати и Манасикара все эти явления будут выполнены, вот так – в течение промежутка времени, когда он выполняет это, человек начинает видеть определённые феномены, связанные с объектом. Затем этот аспект называемый Манасикара удаляется из ума, вместо него возникает фактор мудрости (Панья). Затем мы называем это Сати-Сампаджана. Это становится Сампаджаной – затем Сати и Панья становятся чем то автоматическим в нас. Итак Сати и Мудрость здесь – это только два фактора. Из пятидесяти двух ментальных факторов, Сати и Мудрость только два фактора, которые никогда не загрязняются невежеством (Авиджа). Все остальные факторы, даже Кусала факторы , могут проявиться под влиянием Авиджы. Эти две Четасики - Сати и Панья, ведут к Ниббане. Когда есть Сати и Панья(Мудрость), упадана не возникает. Итак ум защищён. Это два ментальных фактора, Сати и Мудрость, которые действительно понимают Кусалу и Акусалу, ум склоняется к Ниббане.
    Последний раз редактировалось Eugeny; 11.08.2013 в 16:47.

14. Спасибо от:

Ittosai (11.08.2013), Lion Miller (11.08.2013), Tong Po (12.08.2013), Алексей Каверин (11.08.2013), Ануруддха (11.08.2013), Богдан Б (12.08.2013), Жека (11.08.2013), Михаил_ (01.04.2018), Ритл (12.08.2013), Топпер- (11.08.2013), Эделизи (11.08.2013), Яреб (11.08.2013)

Участник Аватар для Жека
    Традиция
    Тхеравада
    Евгений, спасибо большое, так быстро!
    Поправьте, пож-та, "перестановление" на просто "становление", а "утечки" - на "помехи".

16. Спасибо от:

Топпер- (11.08.2013)

Традиция
    Тхеравада
    Записей в блоге
    Евгений, спасибо большое, так быстро!
    Поправьте, пож-та, "перестановление" на просто "становление", а "утечки" - на "помехи".
    Сделал

Участник
    Традиция
    Тхеравада
    Записей в блоге
    Вот здесь достаточно подробно разбирается вопрос о том, что такое "Sati" и схожие ментальные факторы (можно нажать на картинку, чтоб посмотреть текст книги): http://www.amazon.com/Satipatthana-T...s=Satipatthana

19. Спасибо от:

Лери (13.08.2013), Топпер- (11.08.2013)

Участник Аватар для Жека
    Традиция
    Тхеравада
    Больше беседов о Дхамме от Бханте Пемасири тут

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sotāp...88271&sk=notes

21. Спасибо от:

Eugeny (11.08.2013), Топпер- (11.08.2013)

Участник
    Традиция
    Тхеравада
    А вы говорите - что у буддизма с христианством точек соприкосновения нет В христианстве - первородный грех, и в буддизме - изначальное невежество и загрязнение всего сущего самим фактом существования.

Цитата Сообщение от Игорь Лещенко Посмотреть сообщение
    А вы говорите - что у буддизма с христианством точек соприкосновения нет В христианстве - первородный грех, и в буддизме - изначальное невежество и загрязнение всего сущего самим фактом существования.
    только ведь в христианстве первородный грех предумал бог , а в буддизме невежество не Будда придумывал.

24. Спасибо от:

Tong Po (12.08.2013), Жека (13.08.2013), Мира Смирнова (12.08.2013), Нико (12.08.2013)

Участник Аватар для Жека
    Традиция
    Тхеравада
    Цитата Сообщение от Игорь Лещенко Посмотреть сообщение
    Неведение не есть первопричина, по этому поводу есть довольно большая сутта.
    У неведения есть свои причины - тяга к бытию, тяга к чувственности и другие анусая (скрытые тенденции).
    И нет первой точки отсчета, когда бы появилась, скажем, тяга к бытию у существ.
    Если бы нашлась эта первая причина, то что бы стало ее причиной? Мы должны смириться с тем, что понятие безначальности трудно понять обычным умом, но еще труднее понять начало, ибо это крах всей логики.
    Здесь можно говорить о неком природном процессе, идущем с безначальных времен и управляемым главной силой - жаждой воспроизводить себя опять и опять. Такая мощная волна, сметающая все на своем пути.
    Сила его огромна и заложена во множестве биологических механизмов, цель которых - самосохранение и самовоспроизведение.
    Таким образом, философствуя, можно сказать, что природа ума (а именно он творец бытия) - в непостоянстве и неугомонности, в том, чтобы длиться, познавать, искать, рваться вперед и так далее.
    С другой стороны, так как есть Ниббана, то природа ума - также в успокоении и в стремлении к непривязанности и отсутствию этого вечного волнения и огня.
    Так что две противоборствующие силы внутри. Одна жаждет бытия, другая - угасания.
    Обычно первая побеждает :-(

26. Спасибо от:

Богдан Б (13.08.2013), Лери (13.08.2013), Мира Смирнова (13.08.2013), Топпер- (13.08.2013)

Информация о теме

Участники, просматривающие эту тему

Эту тему просматривают: 1 (участников: 0 , гостей: 1)

Ваши права